Since returning from our week in Puerto Rico, I have found a pretty good
pace / schedule / plan for my Daily Menu. Having lost weight 14 of the past 16 days (averaging over 1/2 pound loss per day, for a total 9.6 pound loss in 16 days) . . . I think it's working. (big smiles)
9:00 Oatmeal or Zoom w/ Fruit and/or Flax * 200 Calories
(Have you ever tried Zoom hot cereal? I LOVE it!)
11:00 Protein Shake w/ Fruit * 150-200 Calories
(LOVE my Xyngular Protein Shake w/ 1% Milk
plus a 1/2 cup of Berries that we picked last summer.)
1:00 Ham or Shrimp Omelet w/ Veggies * 200-250 Calories
(1 Egg + 2 Egg Whites = 110 Cal.)
3:00 Hot Creme de Menthe Mocha * 120 Calories
(Oh how I LOVE my afternoon pick-me-up! Creme de Menthe is my new
Favorite Flavor. I don't even need Whipped Cream if I froth my milk just right.)
5:30 Salad (Chicken, Ham, Shrimp, Taco, or Steak) w/ lots of Veggies * 250-450 Calories
(I love to make a low cal. dressing with 2 Tb. Greek Yogurt and 2 Tb. Salsa. Yummm)
8:00 "Snack Time" = Greek Yogurt or a Protein Shake * 80-120 Calories
(but . . . only if my Calories have not yet reached 1100 for the day)
What, exactly, is my "plan"?
1. Keep Calorie Count between 1000 - 1150.
2. Fiber in the Morning. (Oats or Zoom)
3. Protein at Every Meal (often adding Greek Yogurt to my Hot Cereal to increase Protein)
4. Low Carbs (primarily Fruits and Veggies). . . and only when paired with Protein.
5. Mini Meals . . . eating small snacks or meals every 2 to 3 hours (to keep metabolism revved up).
6. Very Limited Starches . . . Potatoes, Rice, Pasta.
7. Don't Eat after 8:00 pm.
8. Go To Bed Before Midnight . . . sleep a minimum of 8 hours per night. (BIG change for Mama)